100 baby challenge - part four


After a long day Rose had been about to scoop up the children and bring them all inside. Lights shimmered beside her. Suddenly she had guests.


The female alien was very direct, immediately approached Rose and greeted her.
"Rose. My name is Eni and this is my husband Xias, we come from the future"


It was weird that the aliens knew her name, Rose was skeptical about their tale but the details Eni used to prove it to her were convincing. Still, why they needed to approach her was confusing.




""We have studied you for some time, both in our history books and in this present. Generation after generation, your blood type carries in your children and make them strong and help them accomplish more than most others. Our own species is struggling because we are prone to illness, we have the medicine to fight sickness off but we have no natural immunity. We would be interested in a match between one of our children and yours, we believe that the offspring of such a match would hold the key to a better future"
Rose listened attentively but shook her head
"I can't decide the fate of my own children, I don't believe in marriage, let alone arranged marriages. I can't help you with this"


"We know, that is why we would like to offer you a unique opportunity. We know that you enjoy having children and we wish to support you. My husband and I respect that the children will make their own relations. Our own children will be taught to only couple for love, it is the way of our species. Helping you will benefit the future, we only ask that you will take our offer to provide for you so that you can focus on having children. I am a priestess in my community and I can make you fertile. I only ask that when our children become of age we allow them the opportunity to meet."  

Rose remained silent, thinking it over. Her children deserved the best she could provide them and she wanted a large family regardless. But she couldn't take money when it felt like it had a catch.
"I can't accept your money, we can get to know each other and when my kids grow up they can make their own decisions but I can't accept this."
"Please, think it over for a few days. If you can't accept help from us then we have an alternate solution we would like to propose to you. Here is the address of my house, come when your ready"
Her look was so imploring, Rose found herself agreeing.


She shared the story of their home, their future. Eni spoke of the machine they used to travel back and forth.
"I have a gift for you" she said, handing Rose a piece of paper. 
"I told you Eni, I can't accept a gift from you" Rose explained "I can't take your money without being able to give you what you want".
"This gift is not from us, but from your own descendants. This property is yours. It is yours in the future, they are just buying it in advance. It is in good faith.Please accept it"

Rose read the letter that came with it and smiled. Everything became clear
"Thank them for me"
Eni nodded and spoke again
"My offer of the fertility treatment still remains, would you do me the honor of accepting it?"
"I will"





It was a little strange, but it wasn't so bad in the end.